Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where to buy 29er wheels?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

They don’t seem to come up secondhand very often so looking to buy new

Probably looking at Pro2 hubs so I can go bolt-thru in future, not fussed about tubeless rims

drofluf
    Free Member

I’ve always had my LBS build them up for me

uplink
    Free Member

JRA in Sheffield have a good rep

hillsplease

Hope Hoops in 29er flavour (Stan’s) here for about £300. I like tubeless, some don’t. To be fair it can be a bit of a faff if you’re a serial tyre swapper.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Where Hillsplease?

Shak47

Merlin are doing them now, better quality build and cheaper price compared to the ones I got from JRA in the past.

Shak47

Merlin are doing them now, better quality build and cheaper price compared to the ones I got from JRA in the past.

Marge
    Free Member

Got mine from JRA

Good service, price & were friendly when I had some questions…

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger has stans no tubes in stock.light and pretty strong for decent money.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Charlie the Bikemonger FTW.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Hope Hoops, very strong wheels indeed in 29er form, mine are of exceptional qualiteeee

charliedontsurf

I have a set of ex-demo american classic all mountains white/black here… they need a new home. RRP is around £500, there are a few marks but function perfectly… £279 inc UK delivery.

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/save-200-free-uk-shipping-american-classic-all-mountain-29er-wheels—ex-demo-340-p.asp

hughjardon
    Free Member

+1 JRA, pick exactly what you want, quality build as well.

Sanny
    Free Member

Wheelcraft

01360 312 709. Big Al can source and build you pretty much anything you want and at a good price. I just picked up XTR Centre Locks on TN719 Mavic rims. Strong and not too heavy. Good days!

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m building a budget set on Deore hubs, cost for front less than 50 quid so far. Still looking for decent rear hub.
    Choose your favourite hubs and buy some Notubes rims to match and get your local wheelbuilder to sort them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy 29er wheels?’ is closed to new replies.