Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where to eat in Waterloo, London?
  • teacake
    Free Member

Going here for a bit of food with work colleagues – any recommended eateries?

Cheers!
    Col

br
    Free Member
    nickb

If you walk the couple of hundred yards up to the river (by Hungerford Bridge) there’s plenty of chain options – Ping Pong, Wagamama, Giraffe (one for the kids!).

Nick

Rio

I quite like Tas which is in The Cut about 400m from the station – interesting Turkish food, slightly different from the norm. Otherwise as above – there’s plenty of more conventional places by the river or around the Vic(s).

Mattie_H
    Free Member

+ 1 for walking round the corner into The Cut. The Baltic is good too.

alfabus
    Free Member

opposite the fire station is bangalore express… very nice modern (in a good way) indian food.

http://bangaloreexpress.co.uk/

Dave

theyEye
    Free Member

The Firehouse? Are you kidding?!

The Cut is the place to be:

Hope and Anchor. May have to wait for a table and it’s not cheap, but the food is great.

Livebait for fish.

The Young Vic is good as well.

And if you walk the 5 minutes to the river, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ve eaten in the Tas Ev restaurant a few times, and found it to be very nice. They also have a smaller place on The Cut. The Ev one has a bar as well.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

You’ve got the suggestions I’d have made –
    Hope & Anchor – excellent Gastropub, loud, busy, good quality. Not cheap (but pub prices for beer and wine which helps). Get there by 7ish or you’ll wait until after 9 to get a table (and they don’t take bookings). If you can get a few people together to order a leg of lamb or big joint of beef it’s great.

TAS is good but watch the menus they hand you – I seem to remember they often try to steer you towards the set menu. Make sure you at least look at the full selection.

Livebait comes recommended but haven’t been. There’s a pretty good Tapas place somewhere close to Livebait (on the south side of the road) that’s pretty good.

Bangalore Express surprisingly good and cheap.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Mcdonalds? Burger King? KFC?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

+1 for Burger King

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tas = Average
    Firehouse = Shite
    Bangalore Express = Not too shabby, actually.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The big TAS EV next to Jacks bar in Isabella street is OK for a munch and a few beers, Cubana is interesting food wise and does seriously good Mohitos, The Anchor and Hope is a long wait but great food if a bit too dear for what it is. My favorite place round there is Culture Grub, cheap chinese noodle bar, not swanky but very nice indeed, more lunch than dinner though.

MrSmith
    Free Member

baltic/firestatation/hope and anchor.
    all good. as is livebait (for a chain restaurant).

good cocktails at baltic.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Upper Crust, then on to Krispy Kreme for dessert.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where to eat in Waterloo, London?’ is closed to new replies.