Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to sell dvds?
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve got about 130 odd dvds that I would like to convert into cash but don’t know who would buy for a fair price in the Wrecsam/Chester/ Shrewsbury areas.
    A guy in Wrecsam market said that they might be worth up to 50p each??? Which seemed very low.
    There is, IMO, a reasonable variety of films from blockbusters to all time classics down to B&W B-movies.
    I can’t be bothered with the time and effort involved with Ebay as I’d prefer to sell as a job lot, but as a last resort…
    Any other suggestions?

flyingmonkeycorps

Musicmagpie? To be honest it’s probably the best deal you’ll get short of selling them individually and all the hassle that entails.

geoffj

Music Magpie – http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/

Edit: Too late

donsimon
    Free Member

Musicmagpie isn’t picking up the barcodes. The dvds were bought in Spain but all have English as a language choice. 😥
    Worth a try and thanks chaps.
    Anything else?

geoffj

Amazon?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

magpie again here… painless and you get a nice cheque at the end.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I was getting around £2 each at a recent carboot.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Musicmagpie isn’t picking up the barcodes. The dvds were bought in Spain but all have English as a language choice.

then they really are worth 50p each

Kryton57

B&Q Car park?

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive just cleared out 250 CDs with music magpie, and been quoted around £200.
    Just packing them up now. Seems a bit of a good deal for music that you no longer listen to.

I lost the “who has the most repugnant music that even music magpie doesnt want it” competition with Mrs S though. Her Celine Dion to my Suede and Stereophonics collection 🙁

flyingmonkeycorps

Suede were bloody good though!

Less said about the Stereophonics mind…

donsimon
    Free Member

Why would that be?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Why would that be?
    im assuming that they are localised ones different box etc, have worked in a dvd shop, they wouldn’t even take them..

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s a fair comment which has been taken into consideration and if bar codes are country specific why Musicmagpie won’t accept. A bit short sighted though as the film is exactly the same, wouldn’t you agree?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

harder to sell most people think its in Spanish and wont even pick up the box, etc..

donsimon
    Free Member

harder to sell most people think its in Spanish and wont even pick up the box, etc..

That’s the work of the shop/sales assistant, no? Providing the customer with the correct information to make the sale. While agreeing with you, the shop would also need to spend a little time and effort making sure the customer is informed enough to buy, but if that’s too much effort the shop also has the right to refuse to buy. All very ineresting.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

don simon – Member

That’s the work of the shop/sales assistant, no? Providing the customer with the correct information to make the sale. While agreeing with you, the shop would also need to spend a little time and effort making sure the customer is informed enough to buy, but if that’s too much effort the shop also has the right to refuse to buy. All very ineresting.

also some people like to put them on there shelves in order, etc.. it would ruin the look of their collection..maybe sell em to a Spanish dvd website..

oldboy
    Free Member

Join AVForums. It’s a great place to buy/sell this sort of stuff, although their trading rules are really strict.

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

Have you tried Cex? It’s where I sell all my games and dvds. Have been knocked back on a couple of games bought in England in bcn, though, why not wait ’til you’re in madrid again? Then again taking 250 dvds in your hand luggage might not be so easy.

donsimon
    Free Member

why not wait ’til you’re in madrid again?

That might be a while. 😆
    I’ve got a list printed that I’ll give to CEX tomorrow and the dude I spoke to in Wrecsam market.
    Thanks for the ideas peeps.

cheez0
    Free Member

You wanna buy DVD?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to sell dvds?’ is closed to new replies.