Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Which 29’er singlespeed?
  • singletracksurfer

thinking of trying/getting one – any recommendations?

singlespeedstu

What type of riding you want to do/how much you want to spend?

singletracksurfer

Based in the Chilterns & it will be used for quick local spins mostly.

Don’t want to spend too much just yet. Want to see how I get on with it then start stealthy spending.

gee
    Free Member

Salsa Selma!

singlespeedstu

I’d drop Sam @ Singular Cycles an email.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

£199 for the frame………

Sam

If you’re interested in a Singular I’m probably local to you (between Berhamstead and Hemel) and happy to meet up for a test ride.

Any recommendations for a FS ?
    If I can get on CycleScheme at my new job, I’ll be looking at buying a brand new FS 29er with Rohloff hub.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Those Singular’s look fantastic. When the time comes I’ll be getting in touch…

sc-xc

I’d say Singular as well. They were the best looking bikes that came past our tent over the weekend.

epicyclo

I’ve got On-One 29ers and a Singular. I like both.

The Singular is a much more rewarding bike to own. No faffing with adjusting the chain and disk brake every time you remove the back wheel. Its steel fork is as compliant as a carbon one. The ride and handling are first class.

The Scandal will build into a lighter bike if that’s a priority.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Bloke at work let me have a go on this today, seemed pretty good.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

test rode the Singular this afternoon for 3hrs or so,it was very good and will be replacing my custom 26″ bike,will be back with Sam later this week once I’ve cleaned it

thomthumb
    Free Member

i like my scandal. 🙂

robkhoo
    Free Member

My Felt…

speaker2animals

you’ll be lucky to get a FS SS for the £1k on cycle2work.

Gary Fisher Rig? Not sure if they are in the UK this year though.

Clink

Love my On-one (had steel, now ti) although I admit using chaintugs etc not quite as straightforward as ebb. I didn’t want an ebb though :-)Carbon forks and big wheels are fab.
    If you just want to try one out cheaply the O-O does the job nicely ; Singulars are lovely – especially the nice ti one that won at Bristol Bike Fest!

The Rohloff hub would take up most of the 1K.
    I work for the worlds largest public transport company. I’m hoping we have got a Consumer Credit Licence.
    I spoke to the Santa Cruz guys at Mountain Mayhem as I was racing on a Blur. One of them told me SC will have a FS VPP 29er out around August.

singletracksurfer

I had thought of a scandal – what frame size is yours lookmanohands?

I do like the look of the singular.
    ‘cycle to work scheme’ great idea – Sam do you do that?

cheers

rOcKeTdOg

after the weekend, i heart singular swifts and i have the beard to go with it

*counts pennies*

chewkw
    Free Member

Singular Swift!

🙂

tootallpaul

Haro Mary SS. Great for just trying the idea out…

:o)

Had mine for a week now, and its so much fun it should be illegal…

lock
    Free Member

its got to be a singular swift,i rode mine all weekend at mm,ive done all my local stuff and never had any props,it rides better than it looks and it looks real good

i think i would have struggled on the kenda climb on my 26 single speed,dont be afraid to try some drop bars they are great to

bonesetter
    Free Member

Although over your budget, but what about Niner HT’s? What MTB mag loves the SIR9 to death. Sublime 853 ride

And I just happen to know of a used XL for sale

singletracksurfer

hmmm how much bonesetter?

Sam

The Niners are really nice – if you can get a deal on a 2nd hand one that would be sweet. I *still* haven’t got around to doing the cyclescheme paperwork yet but can easily do it through one of the dealers.

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Singular swift, just got one and love it.

Clink

Sam – is it me or is your site not working??

STATO
    Free Member

The singular site pretty much always kills firefox on my computer, dunno why, it was no problems on any other site. Ive been tempted by a swift for ages but cant bring myself to sell the others to make space in the shed :0(

Sam

The damn web hosting people are having server issues, no email or website for the past 6 hours. Just got off the phone from giving them an earful – extremely frustrating….

Sam

The singular site pretty much always kills firefox on my computer

Hmmm, that’s no good, I never have any problems, well except ehen there are problems with the server… Sometimes it looks slightly different in explorer than firefox for reasons which are beyond my feeble web design skills. If others have issues I’d appreciate it if you’d let me know.

epicyclo

Went to take my Scandal out today for a run around the ‘Puffer- back tyre flat. Had it all set up for the Puffer Lite. Realised that I would have to spend too long faffing around re-aligning the disk caliper etc if I tried to fix it, so left it and took the nearest bike – my road bike.

The moral of the story, Scandals are great so long as you don’t get punctures 🙂

I think I’ll race on the Singular now – it’s a wee bit heavier, but little things like being able to drop a wheel out quickly can be important. I usually don’t like to race it because I like to keep it pretty, polished and unscratched – ain’t that sad.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Which 29’er singlespeed?’ is closed to new replies.