Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which cassettes don't leave gouges on a Pro2 freehub body?
  • snaps
    Free Member

As per title, tempted to spank £88 on XTR but if Sram cassettes don’t mark the freehub & last longer I might be swayed.

MicArms

XT, XTR or any cassette with an ali spider config. Cheapest places for cassettes at tyhe mo is http://www.rosebikes.co.uk , xt for £38..

bobster
    Free Member

I exclusively used XT on mine, eventually that gouged too, just took longer.

Northwind

Yup, XT on mine and still marked it up (and likewise the alloy hub on my Traversees). Using SLX now which isn’t on the approved list but isn’t any worse than XT. There’s no cassette that I know of with all the cogs on a carrier.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve had no issues with a SRAM 990 cassette (cos yeah, aluminium spider thingy).

45 quid from rutland cycles online at the moment too. either 11-32 or 11-34 9 speed.

carlos
    Free Member

I think all of them will do at one point or another, next time you rebuild/change the bearings in the free hub maybe consider a Stainless one, the bearings cost around twenty quid anyway and a new Stainless freehubs only about fourty five

DickBarton

XT and above from Shimano, 990 and above from SRAM.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got an XT on mine which has gouged the freehub so much it’s permanently stuck to it
    next time I replace the cassette I’ll have to get a new freehub body too

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I use a stainless steel freehub.

toys19
    Free Member

I have a pro2 ally freehub and whilst my shimano cassete does leave gouges it isnt exactly a problem, a quick tw*t witha rubber hammer and the cassette loosens off.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which cassettes don't leave gouges on a Pro2 freehub body?’ is closed to new replies.