Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Will a Sram medium XO mech cope with 44/29?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Following on from here would a medium X0 rear mech cope with 44/29 & 11/32 cassette?

I’m hovering over the order button, so a quick reply would be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Probably
    the long cage copes with just a double ring without dropping the chain (22 /36) though a medium is recommended for this application. You are just one tooth bigger so I would assume either med or long will be fine for your needs.
    i have same cassette range as you
    Clearly I have not tried this though but I think you will be OK.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Many thanks JY, although I’m not quite sure of the first line of your post, I can see your saying it can take a 14 tooth difference, so assuming I don’t try big/big or small/small I should be fine.

Cheers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am saying that I (owna nd use the long cage mentioned above) should have a medium on my set up (as mine is really for a triple ring set up and a medium is recomended for mine with a front cog difference of 14 tooth.
    Yours has only one more than mine so I think it will work with either a med or a long cage (which is the only one you can get that is NOT carbon cage)is that any clearer?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Er, I think so 😉
    Cheers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I only use medium cage SRAM mechs. I’ve got them set up on 22/32/44 with 11-32 and 11-34 cassettes on my bikes, they work perfectly and I can see no reason why they won’t on your set up. TBH it baffles me why they bother with long cage mechs any more

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, it’ll be fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Will a Sram medium XO mech cope with 44/29?’ is closed to new replies.