Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Yeti ASR-5 Alloy sizing – How tall are you and what size did you go for?
  • mttm
    Free Member

As it says, really. I’m going to get demo’s (these bikes are a lot of money), but I’m interested to hear what people went for. They seem to be pretty long in the top tube for any given size.

I’m 5′ 9″ and normally fit a Medium spot-on, but with this frame I’m wondering if a Small might not be better.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’ve had a go on a demo one that was a medium (I’m 6ft) and it was spot on. Mate has a medium 575 – he’s 5′ 8″ and reckons he should have got the small.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and I have a medium 575, feels ok to me, yeh its a little bigger than my 17″ HT but still fine…… Deffo try one first.

domino

5’3 and ride an XS here. Sizing is slightly different between the alloy and the carbon versions.

mttm
    Free Member

Thanks for the info so far. Anyone else?

kinger

I’m 5’9″ and ride a medium with a 70mm stem and layback seatpost, rides like a dream 🙂
    Stu

brakes
    Free Member

mate of mine has a medium, I’ve ridden it a bit and it’s spot on for me, I’m 5’9″

mttm
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Looks like a medium is going to be the best bet after all. Now, off to book a demo… 🙂

scruzer
    Free Member

Have M ’07 575 and 5’9. Had sit on 5 alloy M and felt spot on too. Where are you demoing please mttm? would you report back please after demo cos i too are looking very closely at buying… cheers

Kit
    Free Member

jimmy on here rides a small, but not sure what height he is… about 4′ or something ( 😉 )

charliemort

6 foot on large with 70mm stem. Demo’d medium with 90mm stem. Bromley Bike wouldn’t let me go with medium tho’ – their experience was that I should definitely go with large. Feels spot on

Aus
    Free Member

just 6′ and on a med … feels instinctively right to me

R979
    Free Member

Mttm, weren’t you on a Spitfire? Still going ok or just fancied a change?

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got a medium ASR-7 and I’m 6ft 2 and I’d say its perfect.

rangerfrank
    Free Member

I am 5’8″ and own a 09 ASR Alloy. Been racing it for a year and a half. Fits perfectly and if anything, is a little short, but that makes it a bit quicker in the corners.

donncha

I’m wondering the same thing.

I had a test ride on the medium carbon felt great; they didn’t have a carbon small so I sat on the small alloy in the car park but it perhaps felt a little cramped. I’m 5’7.5 (that .5 is very important), 148lbs (67kg) and have a 29.5” leg in jeans.

Is there any of a posting a photo to see how much seat post you have showing?

Thanks,
    D.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR-5 Alloy sizing – How tall are you and what size did you go for?’ is closed to new replies.