Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You wont believe this but ive just had another car accident………..
  • renton
    Free Member

Im not having a very good time at the moment!!

Just pulled off the m40 at junction 12 and waiting to join the road and a transit van hits me up the backside!!

luckily he got out and said sorry it was my fault.

also luckily enough i was not far from work where we have a small team of warwickshire polices finest based so they attended and got a statement of him admitting liability!!

so now ive got to find another 500 quid for the excess on the hire car im driving whilst my own car is being repaired following the crash i had on boxing day……………..

it just gets better and better!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it's his fault then there's no reason you should be a penny out of pocket. His insurers should stump up for a hire car PDQ!!

5thElefant
    Free Member

The excess only comes into play if you claim of your own insurance. You'll be claiming of his.

hora
    Free Member

Hahahaha! I had two rear end shunts. Second one in my Accident management car. I got out of the car laughing and said forget it.

renton
    Free Member

peterpoddy… im driving a hire car at the moment whilst mine is in being repaired!!

still got to find the excess and then claim it back.

van that hit me was owned by someone other than the driver!!

he said it was the second time this month he has done the same thing!!

robdob
    Free Member

I think public transport, walking or just staying under the duvet all day might be your best options!!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I was rear ended whilst driving a hire car. As there was a statement of liability the hire car company didn't make me pay for the excess (although they could have done)

geoffj

The excess only comes into play if you claim of your own insurance. You'll be claiming of his.

Except it'll be your insurance company claiming off his. You'll still have to stump up the excess and then claim it back from your company.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘You wont believe this but ive just had another car accident………..’ is closed to new replies.