Toasted Malt Loaf
Is it just me, or does anyone else toast malt loaf? It's the greatest post-winter ride snack, with a good cuppa. Everyone I've fed it to (or even mentioned it to) says "that's brilliant, I've never had toasted malt loaf".
Surely someone else does it?
A couple of tips if you are trying it for the first time:
– It goes from "not quite toasted" to "on fire" in about 15 seconds. I use a kitchen timer, 1m 45s with my toaster.Posted 10 years ago
– It gets really hot. Must be all the sugar.
– You'll probably have to fish it out with something pointy. Turn the toaster off first.
– Works best with lashings of butter.zangolinMember
Fruit Malt surprise
1. Cut loaf into 1cm thick slices.
2. Butter 1 side.
3. Then use a variety of spreads + jams on the other side – peanut butter, strawberry jam, blackcurrant, etc.
4. Arrange on a plate butter side up – then serve.
5. Watch the surprise as your family + friends expect just a plain piece of buttered malt loaf.
Swedish Malt Loaf Roulette
1. Recipe to number 2 above.Posted 10 years ago
2. Arrange on plate.
3. Then secretly place a piece of pickled herring under one slice.
4. Then pretend you are in The Deerhunter – but obviously use the malt loaf instead of guns and the herring as a bullet.
The topic ‘Toasted Malt Loaf’ is closed to new replies.