Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What Orange bike is this and where do I get one?
  • stooo
    Free Member

Anyone recognise this ?

Found it during a google image search and reckon it looks lovely. Looks to be some crazy hybrid of Blood and ST4… like a lighter Blood or link actuated 5 or something.

Any thoughts people ?

joe@brookscycles
    Free Member

*as read on SouthernDownhill.com*

It's Steve Wades own personal ride. It's a development only model, but may one day become a 'ST5'. Apparently this actual one is 115mm travel, but it may end up as 120/140/adjustable between the two.

wors

Wideopenmag have one for test. Orange strange prototype.

stooo
    Free Member

115mm at the back, with 140mm forks… looks like pretty sorted geometry….

Sounds like exactly my kind of bike… now, how do I get friendly enough with someone at Orange to convince them to make me a custom one?

5lab

couldn't you just run a shock with a shorter stroke in a 5?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Or you could go and buy an SC Blur LT – that Orange above looks just about a direct copy, even down to the top tube shape and linkage pivot arrangement

pastcaring
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring – Member
    Or you could go and buy an SC Blur LT – that Orange above looks just about a direct copy, even down to the top tube shape and linkage pivot arrangement

apart from being a single pivot 🙄

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

How can you tell from the photo whether it was a single pivot or not? On the SC VPP system you can't see the pivot because it is hidden behind the chainring just like on the photo

HarYuken
    Free Member

Surely that is a pivot at the bottom of the seatstay?

Guybrush
    Free Member

Looks like the swing arm off an ST4.

And without anything connecting the seat and chainstays, it would be all bendy,

Single pivot it is then.

Seb_C
    Free Member

Man from Orange told me on Saturday to expect a new ST4 in the next month or two, with a much stiffer rear end, same 2:1 shock ratio and the shock mounted under the top tube (like that one). So your wish may be granted pretty soon…

stooo
    Free Member

Seb_C
    That's all sounding good. I'm a big single pivot fan… especially with low leverage ratios.

Been looking at the ST4 and liking the sound of it for a few weeks, but keep wishing it was a touch tougher and could handle a slightly bigger fork (mainly one with a 20mm bolt through). The 5 is a great bike, but I'd rather have something a touch taughter at the rear that's also better at climbing. I'm happy with skippy and exciting on the downhill, rather than sofa ride.

stooo
    Free Member

Ah…. Haaaa…. just found this thread:
    Strange proto thread.

and more importantly, this video!
    video linki… ST5?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

judging by the end of the video (first saw it when it "came out") that's going to be my trance replacement.

stooo
    Free Member

Must have watched that video a dozen times now.

Man, I want that bike !

pastcaring
    Free Member

CaptainMainwaring – Member
    How can you tell from the photo whether it was a single pivot or not? On the SC VPP system you can't see the pivot because it is hidden behind the chainring just like on the photo

it's an orange! the little swing link? it has a pivot on the seat stay? on a multi link bike that link would be much bigger

tangent
    Free Member

ah..ha! I Was just about to post up thread question on this topic…have been puzzling over a picture in the mag on p72…of a green frame that seems to have a 5 style shaped toptube, but with a blood style linkage.
    Had been wondering if it was a less burly blood or something.

Sancho
    Free Member

Love it Orange trying to be Yeti

jimbobm
    Free Member

does that mean yeti is trying to be santa cruz? and santa cruz are trying to be cannondale? cannondale….. 😮

best shoot becuase i think my ford is trying to be a mazda!!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What Orange bike is this and where do I get one?’ is closed to new replies.