Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Which Go Pro helmet camera?
  • singletracksurfer

wide lense or not?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Definitely wide. Just got one a few days back and the wide angle is a big advantange IMHO. Did some filming at Carron Valley this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nLGrNhPxU

Flippercowboy
    Free Member

What you really want is the chest mount for the camera alot more stable as your core doesn't move about as much as your head. See it in action here.
    Chest mount video

epicsteve
    Free Member

A chest mount is already on order – should arrive next week. I've got the ride kit coming too.

flow
    Free Member

Wide HD!

benji_allen
    Free Member

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets Terry Wogan appear at 1:45 on Flippercowboys video.

Flippercowboy
    Free Member

damn subliminal suggestions. Only a humming bird should be able to see that !! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

this my preferred gopro mounting

on the shoulder strap of my camelbak. You have to chisel off the center notch of the back plate and file down the clip to give space for the strap. If you don't want to use the "pantograph" attachments you have to file down the top of the mount to give enough clearance to rotate the camera up enough to give a good forward view (well from my riding slouch anyway). It makes for a very solid and convenient mount with the controls in easy reach.

could do with rotating up a touch more but I do wish the gopro mounts hadn't just got the 1D rotation when used without the attachments.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

benji_allen – Member
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets Terry Wogan appear at 1:45 on Flippercowboys video.

No, I saw it too

benji_allen
    Free Member

Just noticed I've got some other tabs open in the screen grab. Nothing embarrassing this time. Phew.

Back on subject, I'd defo go for the wide one. Thinking of getting one in a couple of weeks. Footage looks good when mounted on the seatpost facing backwards too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Which Go Pro helmet camera?’ is closed to new replies.