Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Any good indie clubs in Glasgow?
  • leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I can think of the 13th Note and upstairs at the Garage, any others open on Friday night?

BoardinBob

What’s wrong with The Shed 😉 😆

Seriously though, Bunker plays indie stuff on a Friday night and it’s open late.

Not sure what the ABC is like on a Friday but as far as I know it’s generally geared towards indie stuff most of the time.

Stereo in Renfield Lane has a pretty eclectic mix of stuff and is a really cool wee venue http://www.stereocafebar.com/

The Admiral Bar also has a pretty good music policy and hosts a varied range of stuff http://www.theadmiralbar.com/index.php

hora
    Free Member

We are going to visit Barrowlands when we visit that way next

BoardinBob

The Barras is really only used for gigs

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

Hey Bob!

I’m no longer a Shawlandsite – I’ve moved to Finnieston!

<thinks of the Shed and sticky carpets and gags>

The ABC is a good shout, I’ve only seen bands at Stereo and didn’t know they did club nights, and never heard of the Admiral.

Hora you should check out the Barrowlands on a Saturday night, crash in an alley somewhere then visit the Barras market on Sunday morning for the full Glesga experience :o)

BoardinBob

Finnieston!

Ooh get you. Nice view of the squinty bridge 😉

What we need is a Glasgow riders pub night!

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member

I concur. There are some awfy nice bars on Argyle St 😆

I can see the back of the SECC from my place, apparently the Pussycat dolls were playing the other night! Just a few hundred yards, I could probably have smelled them… 😈

John_D
    Free Member

The Flying Duck is the best independent indie club in Glasgow ( http://www.flyingduckclub.com ).

Pin Up Nights runs there on the last Friday of the month and the list of gusests is too numerous to name – see the “hall of fame” at http://www.pinup-nights.co.uk

mema
    Free Member

I too would say Bunker or maybe firewater? But also as a shawlander the shed is wayyyy the best!!! So when is this glasgow riders pub crawl???

BoardinBob

I’d be well up for that!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

aye when is the pub crawl?

BoardinBob

Let’s get a glasgow pub night thread started

MikeT-23
    Free Member

There’s a night called Spitfire, held in the basement of Blackfriars in the Merchant City on the second Friday of every month.
    For your £4 entry fee you get a free compilation CD made up of some of the tracks the palyed the previous month or plan to that night.
    When you say ‘indie’, I see this as indie in that it’s not a blingy-blingy, neddy-neddy, urban, r’n’b house of cack.
    It plays mod, electro, indie, soul, punk, and power-pop amongst others. They have a Myspace page if you want furthe info.
    No show next month (March) as the space is a Comedy Festival venue, but come April, when springtime is here and the libidos are seasonally adjusted……

Only problem is plastic glasses – I hate that. What kind of tourism can you promote serving drinks in ferkin plastic glasses?

I’m up for a local STW pub gathering too, funds and diary permitting.

AB
    Free Member

Me too – assuming you don’t mind another body crashing in…

mema
    Free Member

Ok lets start organising! Mid-week or at the weekend? I can do either.

BoardinBob

weekend. Drinking on a school night isn’t fun anymore 🙁

mema
    Free Member

Weekend it is then, I can’t do next weekend or the last weekend in march.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Can we go to the shed?

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i flew to glasgow to watch the bees once at the barrowlands. It was agreat venue really dated

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Any good indie clubs in Glasgow?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM