• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike hire near Hope, peak district?
  • joebickley
    Free Member

Hi,

I need to hire a bike for a mate for a ride starting out from Hope in the Peak district. Anyone know of anywhere nearby or on route from leicester?

All i can find is the place up by Lady Bower but thats about 1/3 round the route we have planned.

Cheers

docrobster
    Free Member

I wonder if 18bikes will lend/demo you one for the day.

nbt

All i can find is the place up by Lady Bower but thats about 1/3 round the route we have planned.

Start your route there then?

nbt

18 bikes do have a demo fleet but demo != hire

joebickley
    Free Member

Yeah the demo route might be a touch cheeky – could i demo a bike for 30 miles please? 🙂 That said he doesnt have a bike so maybe he could be talked into a purchase by a good demo !

Have to see if i can convince the chap leading the ride to start from lady bower. I know nout about the area so blindly following 🙂

Cheers though

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Think there are one or two companies that will deliver hire bikes anywhere in the peak district. I had a couple of pals use the service on a weekend in Hope and it worked well. We were staying at the Woodbine, which has got garage bike storage and the bikes were waiting for us when we arrived, and got picked up after we'd left to go home again.

Sorry, I can't remember the names of the hire companies – but I don't think they were hard to find on google.

nbt

Think there are one or two companies that will deliver hire bikes anywhere in the peak district.

Richpips used to run one, but he closed it as it wasn't generating any income never mind profit

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike hire near Hope, peak district?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM