Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BOOOOOOM not long now :D
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

So it’s not long until the STW Springley Swingley Swinley Sexy Party!

Realised this morning that both threads so far have been on the bike forum and there be many STWers who browse the chat forum only so figured I’d throw this up here instead of there 🙂

Special request for people to dig out their helmet cams and bring them along, I’ll be grabbing copies of any footage taken at the end of the ride in the LookOut Cafe takeover at 3pm, will hopefully be putting together a little video of the ride so the more footage the better, even if its a 30 second clip of you unloading your bike from the car taken on a compact camera in the highest resolution it can do!

ALL THE DETAILS

ROLL-CALL THREAD

Remember this is not just a “forum ride”! Bring your riding buddies and riding partners, there’s a couple of guys coming from the MTB Britain forum too 😀

Riding will start at 12 so I cannot stress the importance of giving yourself time to find a parking space and getting the bike ready to ride on time… Different speed groups will head off in different directions, but I’d love to get a long trailing shot of all the riders that turn out for the occasion heading off together at the start before breaking off on various routes!
    :mrgreen:

I’m so excited I could post a LOLcat

Note to people driving to Swinley:

There is a notice on the Junction of the M3 J3 & A322 saying A322 shut from this point on 18th midnight to morning of 21st. This could be down towards Guildford or it could be down towards Bracknell which if you came on the M3 would be the route to the bike ride. Please check AA/RAC before leaving to show alternative routes. It could also be very busy around the area if A322 is shut

Alternative is to go off at junction 4 and you then have a 15 minute drive to Swinley, ie A331, A321, A3095, B3430

ALSO – the Reading half marathon is on the sunday 20th so if you’re planning on travelling through Reading then take note of THESE ROAD CLOSURES IN READING

and for the fleet half marathon happening at the same time THESE ROAD CLOSURES IN FLEET

stumpy01

Booo! I can’t make it…..can’t believe I hadn’t even seen the threads until now.

erm, when’s the next one?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t forget your Bullheart Donations!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

Next one will be after mrsconsequence and I have completed some skills training with Jedi and used the warmth and light of the summer to improve our riding skills until they’re sik to the power of surfmat!

No idea at the moment really, after the December one I suggested “march-ish” and by end of January people were pestering me to organise another one haha.

I really should set up a simple Webpage where I can put all the info on to link to, instead of adding info over a few threads leading up to each ride! might be something to consider after this ride and I’ve had a chance to play with a video of the event 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

I’m so excited I could post a LOLcat

For God’s sake man, DO IT!!!!

LOLCAT ME UP PHIL!!!
    😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a poor taste thread about Japanese reactors.

philconsequence
    Free Member

only for you bullheart, i know you loves them 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

ooohhhhhhhhh yeah……

That’s the shit I’m talkin’ ’bout….

rOcKeTdOg

it’s this weekend? bum

philconsequence
    Free Member

always has been RD 😉

i hope you can make it dude!

rOcKeTdOg

workin’ on it 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

excellent :mrgreen:

<insert running cartoon creature .gif>

DezB
    Free Member

It could be.. etc

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont worry dez, if the ride is incident free then when we get back to the cafe i’ll bite some kids face.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

i hate my job sometimes, bring on the weekend…. its gone 12, now closer to the weekend than last weekend, this is a good thing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Where’s aracer, we need that shark eating the alsatian.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think I’m gonna make it.

DD x

I phillytickler

Torminalis
    Free Member

Torminalis
    Free Member

Is no one going to ask?

It’s clearly a kid with no face.

8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Midget in fine fettle – check

Bike broken and bodged – check

So who want’t to be the first to spank my monkey?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

p.s. if anyone has a spare microSD card (the type you put in mobile phones, about the same size as a sim card) I’ve got a spare helmet cam.

philconsequence
    Free Member

spoony, i’ve got a spare microSD, will bring it along for you, when you say spare does that mean you’re already set up with one and have a spare for someone else to use on the ride? 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Weather looking good, my go pro turned up today, just gotta turn up myself

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘BOOOOOOM not long now :D’ is closed to new replies.