Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • hawking 900 front lights
  • deca
    Free Member

i am looking 4 a decent off road light are these any good or can anyone point me in the right direct ion without paying stupid money

z1ppy

Hawking 900 I assume, which is actually a DX Magicshine available from Hong Kong for around £50 or elsewhere in the UK for around the same price as the Hawk on JE James… Magicshine UK.
    Hong Kong delivery times are usually around 2 weeks but can goto 8 or more at the height of the bike light buying season (Oct-Jan), though it should be stressed DX even though based in HK are fine to deal with, even for returns.

These are ace lights that use the P7 LED, but ignore the 900 lumen claim, they output a very repectable 550-600 lumen which is enough for ‘proper’ night riding (some ppl ride with less, I think their mad :mrgreen: )
    Quality control on the units is not exactly tip top, but most people have very few issues with them and they are just what you need as you first (& only) off-road bike light. Mines lasted two years but then I had an early one with a battery that could have done with better sealing (replaced it this year). On here, if you want to search out more info, it’s known as the “Bastid” (or click on the tags at the top of the page)

There is also what is affectionally known as the Mickey Mouse version
    Which has had variable reviews, but is more powerful than the original & well like by some people

[U]BUT[/u][/b] they are now been replaced with unit with newer & better XM-L LED’s for not a lot more money.
    The new Deal extreme’s MJ-808E XM-L will again not actually put out 1000 lumen (these are theoretical maximum’s) but is better than the std P7 LED used in the ‘old’ ones & is where I’d be spending my money now.

I’m not a telling you to do this but I do recommend that you email Smudge (off-here) about the XM-L light that he is importing & selling (& supporting within the UK) for around the price of the Hawk/MagicshineUK P7 (I’ll let him tell you exactly). As he’s who I’m pointing my friends towards now, if they need new lights.
    His battery site/contact details (hasn’t updated it with the light for some reason) & his facebook site which does have the details.

[This is not SPAM selling, Smudge has a good rep on here & has helped me out a number of times, hense why I’m pointing you towards him – what goes around eh?]

z1ppy

oh and a quick review by Troutie, one of STW resident light experts
    XM-L review

deca
    Free Member

thanks for that nice one

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘hawking 900 front lights’ is closed to new replies.