Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Horrendous bike incident in Brazil
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Yesterday there was a terrible incident in Brazil, in Rio Grande do Sul.

There was a bike event, with lots of cyclists riding in a street. A car, maybe a VW golf, drove right through the crowd, mowing down over 20 cyclists.

This was on the news.

Here is a link to the video.

http://tinyurl.com/67tx325

It is very shocking, so don’t click if you have children around. It was on the equivalent of Sky News.

As far as I can work out (I don’t have great Portuguese) the driver was not caught. He drove off without stopping.

It’s an insane world at times.

gothandy

That’s is horrible.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – I am hoping to do some much happier bike reports from Brazil once I have a bike. My bike is still in Scotland so have just been out and about doing reconnaissance.

There are some mad things on the news over here every week. I didn’t hear them say there were any deaths, which is quite a amazing.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh blimey sorry for the double post. I was away all weekend and didn’t think anyone would have seen it.

GavinB

Just stunned it hasn’t been picked up by any mainstream media. Kept checking on ‘trends’ on Twitter – nada.

Google news searched a few times and again, nothing apart from cycling forums.

grtdkad
    Free Member

No international news recognition!

Not a viral / hoax is it… bad taste I know, but hell why are bbc, cnn, sky or papers not picking up ?!

psling
    Free Member

It’s on the BBC News home page.

The driver, 47-year-old Ricardo Neis, alleges that he and his 15-year-old son felt threatened when protesters began to hit and kick his car.

GavinB

I must be looking on a different BBC news page, as I’ve just checked right through to the Latin America page, and there’s still nothing. Sky have picked it up though, although that’s about it.

psling
    Free Member

In the Watch/Listen section (Top R/H corner on my browser)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Horrendous bike incident in Brazil’ is closed to new replies.