Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • I'm sorry…but those who say that they don't need a FS are wrong
  • trout
    Free Member

These threads always attract the willy wavers who can ride up and down the sides of cliffs on any bike ever made faster and more gnarlier than superman.
    Skills compensators , comfort enhancers they are bikes for riding and having fun on.
    Just get out and ride/enjoy and dont give a farting fig what other folks say or think 😉

boxelder

Well you wrote the thread title.

Im having a(nother) grumpy morning.

fourbanger
    Free Member

My HT ripped it up at Switchbacks in the Sierra Nevadas, which to be fair, was a bit of a rocky techfest. I probably could have gone faster on a susser, but then I’d have been waiting even longer for all the other fully sprung riders. True story.

yunki
    Free Member

I couldn’t decide between a FS MTB or a CR500.. in the end the marketing execs sold me this and I’m over the moon with it..

alpin
    Free Member

offers fourbanger my fist….

fourbanger
    Free Member

Thank you, thank you… Wait a minute, did I succumb to a troll?

simonm
    Free Member

a bit of a one to be honest.. I’m just very disappointing that I wasn’t told to ride better much sooner..poor effort forum.

BTW, I’m not a big hard tail fan..did I mention that ?

Well I said it on page 1. 👿

simonm
    Free Member

ahh, I missed that.. congrats 😉 Do they even have rocks round your way ?

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Why don’t other two wheeled sports don’t have the HT/FS debate?

Or am I missing the hoards of IT managers who can whoop Tony Bou’s arse on their solid rear end Royal Enfields or give Rossi a good run for his money on their Manx Nortons 🙂

We do have rocks in Worcestershire, but, not only are they nice soft cuddly round red ones, they are also buried under a good thick layer of top soil.

simonm
    Free Member

eeek hope no one reads Singletrack content...

When you’ve been riding a bike for a while you can start to get a little complacent in the way it rides. It all becomes a bit too familiar and you take it for granted. So I took my hardtail out for a ride. I was blown away by how much more difficult downhills, climbs, pretty much everything, was. You don’t know what you’ve til it’s gone. It was at this moment I realised this is the most favourite bike I’ve ever owned.

HermanShake
    Free Member

There are some fun looking vids of people riding down the walk-ins to Stanage Edge, these would be quite bland on a bouncer and I bet gritstone mud is probably the worst thing a pivot bearing could ever have the misfortune of meeting.

Less is more, unless more is more or less what you need more of.

It’s all about your personal objectives, style, terrain, priorities etc.

Yet again we as a forum have broadly different opinions. I don’t agree with the OP, but respect that he feels that way for his priorities and style. Us LTHT folk like what we do and that’s ok 😉

taxi25
    Free Member

Or am I missing the hoards of IT managers who can whoop Tony Bou’s arse on their solid rear end Royal Enfields or give Rossi a good run for his money on their Manx Nortons

Agree completly,when I raced mx I can’t think of anyone saying it would be more fun on a pre 65 or anything. There is a thriving vintage mx scene but no one ever says the old bikes are better.

franki
    Free Member

I first rode the Peak in the days before front suspension was available for the masses, let alone full-suss, on an old Diamondback a size too big. Guess what – I had a great time!
    A month or so back I rode up there on a rigid singlespeed and also had a great time.
    I’ve ridden the Peak loads on various hardtails, went faster downhill, but didn’t enjoy the rides any more.

I’ve never been interested in owning a full suspension bike. (I’m aware that I could descend even faster on one.)

How does that make me need one?

…and as far as the mx argument goes – you don’t have to pedal a motorbike. That’s the difference!

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

I ride a totally rigid bike with solid tyres, a front brake only and a steering wheel instead of handlebars. I can manual it down an active volcano’s lava flow at 300mph whilst simultaneously throwing a cricket ball to the moon, wearing nothing but a pair of crotchless Speedos. True story.

Anything else is just cheating.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

I ride a totally rigid bike with solid tyres, a front brake only and a steering wheel instead of handlebars. I can manual it down an active volcano’s lava flow at 300mph whilst simultaneously throwing a cricket ball to the moon, wearing nothing but a pair of crotchless Speedos. True story.

Anything else is just cheating.

😆 😆 😆

grim168
    Free Member

I think I’ll take up fell walking don’t need a hardtail either.

bikeryder85
    Free Member

need is a relative term, I feel i can ride anything on my HT, so I don’t need a FS to ride rocky stuff…however if i rode really rocky/rough terrain on a daily basis, I’m sure my back and fillings would prob want to argue that point a bit…it all depends on how and where you ride…where I’m at shredding on a HT is more fun than on a FS though sometimes I miss the squish on the super rough sections

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 😀

I’m not wrong…

rondo101
    Free Member

Right, I’m going to join the luddites and chuck central heating out

I’ve not gotten rid of mine, but I did supplement it with a very nice wood burning stove. Sometimes the central heating is better, but other times the wood burner just feels that little bit nicer.

Now if I could only work out how to turn that into a metaphor relevant to this thread.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my bikes better than your bike.

_tom_
    Free Member

And my bikes Dad could beat up your bikes Dad. 😡

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘I'm sorry…but those who say that they don't need a FS are wrong’ is closed to new replies.