Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,330 total)
  • It's global cooling, not warming!
  • hainey
    Free Member

Junkyard, able to answer my questions yet?

Its quite simple.

Also, if you look at the graph i posted above, could you please explain to me at 325000, 225000, 125000 years we had large spikes in temperature, essentially climate change, when there wasn't any man made CO2? Or does this sort of thing not compute?

hainey
    Free Member

No?

Ok, well, my point is that you cannot determine the human effect if you do not know the cause and extent of natural climate change. You cannot determine the effect if you leave out major components of the climate system and make assumptions that contradict natural evidence.

Junkyard
    Free Member

HAINEY –
    I dont really disagree with anything Tim has said but I will elaborate a little for you – hopefully to prevent you accusing me of copying 😆

1. Historical natural CO2 cycles have no relevance to this debate
    I have questioned their relevance as an explanation of what is occurring presently because the natural cycle does not account for what we are currently experiencing. A significant variable [ deforestation and fossil fuel burning= C02 increasing] has been added and the cycle is broken/changed/altered. The distant past cannot account for this as it has only occurred in the near present [last 150 years or so] – I am not sure what you find particularly contentious about this tbh. The evidence to support this can be seen in the current levels of C02 ppm which are above any part of the cycle for example.

My question to you

Why do you think that a cycle that does not include any aspect of man made C02 release and had C02 levels lower than currently observed can account for what we are experiencing now ?

2. CO2 rises lagging temperature rises has no relevance to this debate
    you asked me this before

It is not relevant in the sense that whatever happened in the past it wont change C02 being a greenhouse gas or it having a forcing effect. It wont prevent more C02 having a greater forcing effect. We have more C02 now than then it will get warmer unless something negates this forcing effect.

Your question

As C02 levels have increased in terms of ppm what will negate the forcing effect of this and prevent temperature rising ?

3.could you please explain to me at 325000, 225000, 125000 years we had large spikes in temperature, essentially climate change, when there wasn't any man made CO2?

[sarcasm ] F@ck me we had climate change before man you are kidding me aren't you, Really have we what like natural – as in not affeted by man or the burning of fossil fuels and the use of cars- actual natural climate change blown me away with that utter revelation GEEEEEE THANKKS [/sarcasm]

FFS no one is denying that we have had non man made climate change in the past are they that would be hard to back up. The point is has something changed now to affect climate change? Has a new factor been added. Is it still natural or is it caused by man – why can you not grasp this? A new variable has been added. I am fairly confident we both agree that no man made climate change has ocurred before the present – that hardly proves it is NOT occuring now though does it? – rhetorical do not answer

Ok I have answered three and asked two over to you.

I noticed you nicely ignored the replies to yourposting of another of your cr@p sceptic half truths

Junkyard
    Free Member

You posted this whilst I was answering

Ok, well, my point is that you cannot determine the human effect if you do not know the cause and extent of natural climate change. You cannot determine the effect if you leave out major components of the climate system and make assumptions that contradict natural evidence.

And you cannot ignore the fact that a new variable has been added and that it has a forcing effect. You think the scientist have ignored all you mention. You are the only person ignoring data ,that of man which you think will leave the sytem uncganged, despite C02 being higher than during your natural account for some ill defined/unexplained reason.

hainey
    Free Member

Crap sceptic half truths? Really? According to that propoganda? But you were so quick to dismiss the lies and betrayal stemming directly from the IPCC and UEA. And no matter which way you look at it, there is no defending it and calls into question the whole organisation. An organisation which lets be honest makes all the data up themselves, declares themselves as the world experts, then tells the world that they are correct. I mean anyone could do that right?

Unfortunately you haven't really answered my questions, well ok, you have but again with the blinkers on still. My last comment stands, that you cannot determine the human effect if you do not know the cause and extent of natural climate change. You cannot determine the effect if you leave out major components of the climate system and make assumptions that contradict natural evidence. And that is why you are unable to really enter the debate because you are not willing to look at the larger picture which is why we keep going round in circles. Your sarcastic comment really highlights this, you are saying it in jest, yet you have no idea of how wrong you really are. I guess really thats where the debate ends.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I mean anyone could do that right?

Yeah of course, anyone could.

You could.

You could declare yourself the world authority and everyone would stop and listen. I expect that is just what they did. Probably they don't have a science A level between them. I expect they were just down the pub one evening and they said "lets make all the data up and declare ourselves as the world experts"

Do you realise how stupid you sound hainey?

I guess really thats where the debate ends.

Please tell me this isn't just an idle threat.

ashmo
    Free Member

Hainey – Your vague comments of timescales simply don't cut it when talking about some of the smartest mind's on Earth life's work. It appears to me you have not grasped the fundamental drivers in climate science and indeed techniques used in climate research. You are persistanly ignoring good responses in favour of some minor vague point.

I am getting sick of having to constantly address layman who make vague and unsubtantiated claims about the validity of research. Quite simply you need to read one of the many climate textbooks available produced by professional climate researchers and then read some peer-reviewed papers on the current state of the art. Your ignorance is perhaps best demonstrated a couple of pages back with this nugget:

Yes or No answers please.

Your persistant comments that we cannot explain aspects of paleoclimate is a valid one but more highlights that you do not understand the probabilistic nature of climatolgy. This has also caused you to discredit yourself on several occassions by highlighting the variable and complex nature of the climate system in response to greenhouse gas forcing, whether those gases are natural of anthopogenic is essentially irrelevant. Please do not take this concession as a victory – there are plenty of aspects in the climate system of which confidence in knowledge is high.

Being pragmatic and using the peer-reviewed evidence available – what would you suggest is a course of action? The limp response of "on-going research" just doesn't cut it current evidence suggests a system rife with threshold responses and positive feedbacks.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that several professional climate researchers in my department (I am but a lowly post-grad) have commented that the IPCC is conservative. Do you believe them caught up in global research funding conspiracy or some other Daily Mail pseudo-intellectual vague nonsense?

I suspect unfortunatly that you are either a troll or utterly un-convincable, please remember that a good scientist is one who holds nothing sacred. I was going to say that this thread is depressing but won't – there are clearly of people appreciate evidence and understand the scientific process. You are frankly in the dark ages.

hainey
    Free Member

ashmo, not really sure what you are bringing to this however i will extract some great debating skills from your statement:

layman, ignorance, limp, nonsense, troll, dark ages

Its a pretty low level of debating technique but whatever works for you.

What the church of climatology fails to see past in this debate is that I have always stated that neither of us are categorically right or wrong.

What i like to look at is the bigger picture, rather than the blinkered CO2 is a greenhouse gas therefore we are all doomed, and if you do some poking around you will also find that it is not as clear cut as you would like to believe.

I have serious concerns with anyone who thinks that past cyclic nature and interactions of CO2 and temperature have no relevance to today. In my mind that is just rediculous. Not once has anyone been able to explain to me how the planet has coped with this in the past, why we had the downward trends.

I think we need to spend a lot more time studying this rather than predicting wild theories that in 30 years time we will all be underwater. Global warming / climate change has been around for a good number of years now and the level of understanding from i see hasn't moved on at all.

So unless you have any more great nuggets to add to divert away from the questions like the moon is made of cheese, gravity doesn't exist, conspiracies or laurel and hardy (which are all great diversionary debating skills) i think we will agree to disagree on this one and we can get together in 25000 years time when we are entering an ice age and i can say i told you so 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Guys, thanks for sticking up for science for me. I would never have had the energy to spend 20 pages trying to convince this thick idiot that he's being unscientific 🙂

In my mind that is just rediculous. Not once has anyone been able to explain to me how the planet has coped with this in the past

Ok, read this very carefully. In the ancient past, climate changed, and it caused mass extinctions or severe upheaval in ecosystems and lots of animals, birds, plants and other small furry things died. They probably weren't happy about it but they couldn't write or talk about it so we never knew. However now, if climate changes, it will cause major problems because a) people are sentient and don't like dying and b) we are based on farming and that means we depend on crops being planted and harvested in order to survive. If the climate changes this will all change. If the climate changes now, we would all have to either move or starve, and that woudl be a problem don't you think?

I think we need to spend a lot more time studying this rather than predicting wild theories that in 30 years time we will all be underwater

Umm, a lot of research has already been done mate… Are you seriously rubbishing the science by saying we need science? That doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Why do you think the current science isn't good enough? Specifically, please.

the level of understanding from i see hasn't moved on at all

Can you back that up? Seriously I want to know what you mean. And why, if you develop better models and they say the same thing, is that wrong?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Hainey said

Not once has anyone been able to explain to me how the planet has coped with this in the past, why we had the downward trends.

OK, here's the answer. You have to read all of it though, and also the page that it comes from. It is complicated, and however much you would like a yes/no answer there isn't one.

But I promise you that if you spend 10 minutes reading this (surely a small fraction of the time you've spent telling us that there is no explanation?) then you will have a possible answer to your question.

What you do with that answer is of course up to you.

Dear Jeff,

I read your article “What does the lag of CO2 behind temperature in ice cores tell us about global warming?” You mention that CO2 does not initiate warmings, but may amplify warmings that are already underway. The obvious question comes up as to whether or not CO2 levels also lag periods when cooling begins after a warming cycle…even one of 5,000 years?

If CO2 levels on planet Earth also lag the cooling periods, then how can it be that CO2 levels are causally related to terrestrial heating periods at all? I am not sure what the ice core records are related the time response of CO2 to the cooling trends. If there is also a lag in CO2 levels behind a cooling period, then it appears that CO2 levels not only do not initiate warming periods but are also unrelated to the onset of cooling periods. It would appear that the actual CO2 levels are rather impotent as an amplifier either way…warming or cooling. We are talking about planet Earth after all and not Venus whose atmospheric pressure is many times larger than Earth’s.

If there is also a time lag upon the onset of cooling, then it appears that some other mechanism actually drives the temperature changes. So what is the time difference between CO2 levels during the onset of a cooling period at the end of a warming period and the time history of the temperature changes in the ice cores?

Dear John,

The coolings appear to be caused primarily and initially by increase in the Earth-Sun distance during northern hemisphere summer, due to changes in the Earth’s orbit. As the orbit is not round, but elliptical, sunshine is weaker during some parts of the year than others. This is the so-called Milankovitch hypothesis [this really should say "theory" — eric], which you may have heard about. Just as in the warmings, CO2 lags the coolings by a thousand years or so, in some cases as much as three thousand years.

But do not make the mistake of assuming that these warmings and coolings must have a single cause. It is well known that multiple factors are involved, including the change in planetary albedo, change in nitrous oxide concentration, change in methane concentration, and change in CO2 concentration. I know it is intellectually satisfying to identify a single cause for some observed phenomenon, but that unfortunately is not the way Nature works much of the time.

Nor is there any requirement that a single cause operate throughout the entire 5000 – year long warming trends, and the 70,000 year cooling trends.

Thus it is not logical to argue that, because CO2 does not cause the first thousand years or so of warming, nor the first thousand years of cooling, it cannot have caused part of the many thousands of years of warming in between.

Think of heart disease – one might be tempted to argue that a given heart patient’s condition was caused solely by the fact that he ate french fries for lunch every day for 30 years. But in fact his 10-year period of no exercise because of a desk job, in the middle of this interval, may have been a decisive influence. Just because a sedentary lifestyle did not cause the beginning of the plaque buildup, nor the end of the buildup, would you rule out a contributing causal role for sedentary lifestyle?

There is a rich literature on this topic. If you are truly interested, I urge you to read up.

The contribution of CO2 to the glacial-interglacial coolings and warmings amounts to about one-third of the full amplitude, about one-half if you include methane and nitrous oxide.

So one should not claim that greenhouse gases are the major cause of the ice ages. No credible scientist has argued that position (even though Al Gore implied as much in his movie). The fundamental driver has long been thought, and continues to be thought, to be the distribution of sunshine over the Earth’s surface as it is modified by orbital variations. This hypothesis was proposed by James Croll in the 19th century, mathematically refined by Milankovitch in the 1940s, and continues to pass numerous critical tests even today.

The greenhouse gases are best regarded as a biogeochemical feedback, initiated by the orbital variations, but then feeding back to amplify the warming once it is already underway. By the way, the lag of CO2 of about 1000 years corresponds rather closely to the expected time it takes to flush excess respiration-derived CO2 out of the deep ocean via natural ocean currents. So the lag is quite close to what would be expected, if CO2 were acting as a feedback.

The response time of methane and nitrous oxide to climate variations is measured in decades. So these feedbacks operate much faster.

The quantitative contribution of CO2 to the ice age cooling and warming is fully consistent with current understanding of CO2’s warming properties, as manifested in the IPCC’s projections of future warming of 3±1.5 C for a doubling of CO2 concentration. So there is no inconsistency between Milankovitch and current global warming.

Hope this is illuminating.

Jeff

The answer came from this bloke

and was quoted in this article

This explains why global warming has been followed by global cooling HOWEVER, it does not show how "the planet has coped with this in the past" because we have NEVER been in the situation we are in now. CO2 has NEVER been at current levels (except 50 million years ago, long before the cyclical data we are discussing started)

ahwiles
    Free Member

don't expect Hainey to take a blind bit of notice, he's happy as a pig in poo demanding answers on climatology from a bunch of IT/Engineering geeks.

and even happier when we have to confess that we don't know X about Y. If he was asking questions about high-speed-machining, or metrology, i might be able to help him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

People dont fall in to the trap of answering Hainey's questions ANSWER MINE PLEASE HAINEY I ANSWERED YOURS- he just asks you some more – just repeat questions and await the answers. You dont need to explain the cyclical account either it is Hainey's view that this explains climate change – if Hainey requires this view explaining it is laughable. Here is my explantion I think this explains everything but er could you just explain it to me please 😯
    Quick points for you

ashmo,not really sure what you are bringing to this

it was this

I'd like to point out that several professional climate researchers in my department (I am but a lowly post-grad)

This is substantially more than you are bringing to the debate. Out of interest do you ask your doctor what they are bringing to the debate when they diagnose you?
    2. The diatribe against the IPCC pretty much sums up your entirely distorted view of this area

An organisation which lets be honest makes all the data up themselves

I doubt anyone anywhere other than you thinks this but as you do it is clear that you will just keep making unevidenced, un substantiated claims – I am being polite that claim is utter BS. EVIDENCE – break down each claim point by point and discredit it with some data and your phenomenal grasp of science.
    3. Thanks for repeating your view agian about no-one being able to see the "bigger picture" without actually answering the questions I put to you about your view . As I have said as simply as I can put

A significant variable [ deforestation and fossil fuel burning= C02 increasing] has been added and the cycle is broken/changed/altered

Therefore repeating the questions again-

Why do you think that a cycle that does not include any aspect of man made C02 release and had C02 levels lower than currently observed can account for what we are experiencing now ?
    As C02 levels have increased in terms of ppm what will negate the forcing effect of this and prevent temperature rising ?

hainey
    Free Member

In the ancient past, climate changed, and it caused mass extinctions or severe upheaval in ecosystems and lots of animals, birds, plants and other small furry things died. They probably weren't happy about it but they couldn't write or talk about it so we never knew. However now, if climate changes, it will cause major problems because a) people are sentient and don't like dying and b) we are based on farming and that means we depend on crops being planted and harvested in order to survive. If the climate changes this will all change. If the climate changes now, we would all have to either move or starve, and that woudl be a problem don't you think?

Couldn't agree more, but what makes you think we can stop this if its primarily natural?

Are you seriously rubbishing the science by saying we need science? That doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Why do you think the current science isn't good enough? Specifically, please.

I'm not rubbishing it, what i am saying is that all the government funding at the moment is aimed at future predictions with very little (primarily private grants) going towards further understanding of the past conditions. The IPCC has only just started including natural cycle data into their models because they believe it could be significant.

Love the insult – great sign of intelligence!

hainey
    Free Member

If he was asking questions about high-speed-machining, or metrology, i might be able to help him.

I have a team of experts who work for me on that already thanks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I'm not rubbishing it,

well if this is you endorsing something I wonder how you would criticise it

so quick to dismiss the lies and betrayal stemming directly from the IPCC and UEA. And no matter which way you look at it, there is no defending it and calls into question the whole organisation. An organisation which lets be honest makes all the data up themselves, declares themselves as the world experts, then tells the world that they are correct

Couldn't agree more, but what makes you think we can stop this if its primarily natural?

Instead of asking more questions CAN YOU ANSWER MY QUESTIONS?

great sign of intelligence!

and asking for an exlanation of your own account and asking a Post grad working in the area what they were bringing to the debate is a sign of intelligence then?

hainey
    Free Member

Junkyard, i read your post a couple of times but i can't make sense of it. I think we need to agree to disagree on this one!

Unless you want to explain to me why global temperatures have been decreasing for the last 10 years?

hainey
    Free Member

and asking for an exlanation of your own account and asking a Post grad working in the area what they were bringing to the debate is a sign of intelligence then?

I think someone whos vocabulary stops at

thick idiot

shows a severe lack of intelligence yes. Correct me if I am wrong.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You do realise you that ashmo is the post grad working in this area and Midgebait is the one who called you thick. 🙄 Your ability to shoot yourself in the foot and mis quote things clearly knows no limits. Even if your quote was accurate it would make them rude not unitelligent.
    see look I answered another of your questions want to reciprocate?

hainey if you cannot understand this

A significant variable [ deforestation and fossil fuel burning= C02 increasing] has been added and the cycle is broken/changed/altered

I suggest you either get a child to explain it to you or accept that the issue is beyond your comprehension?

Unless you want to explain to me why global temperatures have been decreasing for the last 10 years?

Did you not post up a graph that showed an upward trend on this very issue are you arguing with your own data again? How many more times will you do this?
    If you wish to claim that temperature is not rising EVIDENCE the claim FFS

here even has it in a little visual scene for you

I am starting to feel like I am just picking on the stupid kid at school Can we stop this please – clearly nothing scientific like data is going to alter you opinion. Can we please just stop?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Junkyard said,

People dont fall in to the trap of answering Hainey's questions ANSWER MINE PLEASE HAINEY I ANSWERED YOURS- he just asks you some more

Actually, he just asks you more.

I'm still waiting for him to comment on any of several answers that I put up for him.

I suspect that he is more interseted in arguing with you than finding anything out, but I can't prove it.

molgrips
    Free Member

a) thick idiot was an observation on how you seem to be arguing, not an insult
    b) just because I use certain words why would you assume that those are the ONLY words I can use? 🙂 I am actually very intelligent indeed 🙂

Anyway, away from the tit-for-tat, you aren't arguing along coherent systematic lines. I pointed out the problems that climate change would cause in response to your post implying that it didn't matter. I didn't say anything about being able to stop it or whether or not it was man-made. Those are seperate topics really.

What does that tell you? Are you inferring from that that temperatures will continue to fall? What would be the basis for that? There can be ups and downs in the short term, but still an upward trend. Do you agree?

Please answer each question above…

hainey
    Free Member

You do realise you that ashmo is the post grad working in this area and Midgebait is the one who called you thick. Your ability to shoot yourself in the foot and mis quote things clearly knows no limits

Junkyard, what are you twittering on about, you're wrong once again, it was Molgrips hence why i was quoting him! 😯

Even if your quote was accurate it would make them rude not unitelligent.

yes resulting to those sorts of words is a huge sign of intelligence! 😯

So you think that in the last 10 years temperature has risen?

hainey
    Free Member

I pointed out the problems that climate change would cause in response to your post implying that it didn't matter. I didn't say anything about being able to stop it or whether or not it was man-made. Those are seperate topics really.

So your point is what?

What does that tell you? Are you inferring from that that temperatures will continue to fall? What would be the basis for that? There can be ups and downs in the short term, but still an upward trend. Do you agree?

That tells me that the predictions made in 1998 were wrong.
    It also tells me that the temperature fluctuations are unpredictable
    There can be ups and downs yes
    Not necessarily an upward trend though.
    Historical data shows us that CO2 levels remained very high for long periods of time after temperatures had decreased.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can you answer my questions – is ther eno child about to help you understand them?

Historical data shows us that CO2 levels remained very high for long periods of time after temperatures had decreased.

Does it?

yes resulting to those sorts of words is a huge sign of intelligence!

given you annot understand this – the evidence would seem to suggest they have reached a conclusion supported by the data
    Can you understand this enough to answer it yet?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Hainey,

I can see that the graph you posted shows global cooling in the last few years, but sadly your information is a bit out of date.

Here's the latest research from the world expert. I think you'll agree it's conclusive?

molgrips
    Free Member

So your point is what?

Like I said, you seemed to be implying that climate change didn't matter. I was saying that it did.. that was my point.

1. Why would you assume temperatures will continue to fall because they fell for the last ten years?

2. Temperature fluctuations specifically are unpredictable, but scientists are trying to predict overall trends. And mostly they are predicting a rise overall (but not every single year). Why do you dispute this?

3. "Not necessarily an upward trend though." But the evidence says that it will be. Again, why do you dispute it?

RPRT – save that image as a jpg not a tiff.. funny tho 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

as he said funny andI have some great news I have repliated the data at another site so we have even more proof now.

Given the years on your scale Hainey that graph is not of the last 10 years is it? 🙄

hainey
    Free Member

Like I said, you seemed to be implying that climate change didn't matter. I was saying that it did.. that was my point.

Not once have i said that, if I have implyed it then i am sorry.

1. Why would you assume temperatures will continue to fall because they fell for the last ten years?

Assume is probably not the right word, but at the moment i think we are at a peak and so there is a probability that it will go down. Would you assume that it will go back up again?

2. Temperature fluctuations specifically are unpredictable, but scientists are trying to predict overall trends. And mostly they are predicting a rise overall (but not every single year). Why do you dispute this?

I personally think that we will see over the next few hundred years a decline in temperatures as has been seen before, this isn't a good thing in itself, but I don't think that the human impact is enough to upset the balance of this planet. I am not saying i am right or that you are wrong.

3. "Not necessarily an upward trend though." But the evidence says that it will be. Again, why do you dispute it?

Sorry on this on i do dispute, what evidence?

hainey
    Free Member

Given the years on your scale Hainey that graph is not of the last 10 years is it?

1998 – 2008? You will have explain your "special" maths on that one.

Here's the latest research from the world expert. I think you'll agree it's conclusive?

Sorry all i see is a red cross in a white box.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Hainey said:

I personally think that we will see over the next few hundred years a decline in temperatures as has been seen before

But it hasn't been seen before. When temperatures fell after global warming and CO2 rises before the circumstances WERE DIFFERENT.

Did you read the long post I put up a page or two back? It explains this very point as well as I have ever seen it explained.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a true classic for the modern world T-shirts will be on classified for all your fans!

Given the years on your scale Hainey that graph is not of the last 10 years is it?
    1998 – 2008? You will have explain your "special" maths on that one.

Ok let me try what year is it ? is it 2008? ok now then is 1998 more than 10 years BP[before present? hard innit. 98 -08 is also 11 YEARS YOU IDIOT
    You really need to go find that child and ask their help quickly yu seem to have failed to count to ten now. Anyway my questions any progress yet?

especuially as you are now claiming we are at a peak in temperature and C02 levels have not peaked can you explain WHY you think what you think rather than just tell us what you think?
    Are you still claiming this after I postd that graph for you

want to dispute the graph?

midgebait
    Free Member

I didn't call anyone thick! Perish the thought 😉

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Gaia is crying 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can you please start your own forum for this?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Gaia is crying

Don't feel sorry for Gaia. She's a ruthless killing machine.

molgrips
    Free Member

i think we are at a peak

Why? Anything besides gut feeling/optimism?

Sorry on this on i do dispute, what evidence?

I don't have citations, I am going by the press reports of the last 5 years or so.

The thing is, scientists actually do work on this and analyse the data their whole lives. So you have to value what they say. You can't just say 'well I think it'll all be fine' based a gut feeling. Scientists don't only sit around in pubs or on formus chinwagging.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Actually, on another forum somewhere a load of climate scientists are arguing about whether 29ers really are a step forward.

crankboy
    Free Member

junkyard midgebait you are both insane!(1) I agree with your position but this is really going in circles. hainey fudamentaly believes/hopes that T+H=G is the same as T+H+D+C=G(T,Time.H,Historic Cycles.G, global temperature rise.D,Unprecedented Deforestation.C, Unprecedented release of stored Carbon). Nothing will change that view .

"the lies and betrayal stemming directly from the IPCC and UEA." is this the, 10 years ago a local expert on Glaciers got misquoted in a magazine article and the misquote got included in the narative of a IPCC report, point? because if so I think the climate sceptics contiuous misrepresentation of experts work is far more worrying for example that of Mojib Latif, from Leibniz Institute at Kiel University in Germany whose had to complain on a number of occasions.

(1) Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

hainey
    Free Member

Ok let me try what year is it ? is it 2008? ok now then is 1998 more than 10 years BP[before present? hard innit. 98 -08 is also 11 YEARS YOU IDIOT

sorry, 11 years, and your point is.

Junkyard, i am done talking to you, if you can't be civilized and adult about it then whats the point? You spend your entire post avoiding the actual point and avoiding the evidence.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm trying to be civilised mate 🙂

In all honesty though hainey, he has provided loads of evidence and he is trying to explain why he disagrees. I don't think you are quite getting his point though.

hainey
    Free Member

I understand Junykards view point. He is saying that there is more CO2 now than there ever has been, ergo temperatures will keep rising and we will break the natural cycle.

Edit: In comparison to his BBC article, this was published just a few weeks before hand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8299079.stm

gets a bit foggy really

What is crucial, they say, is the long-term trend in global temperatures. And that, according to the Met office data, is clearly up.

To confuse the issue even further, last month Mojib Latif, a member of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) says that we may indeed be in a period of cooling worldwide temperatures that could last another 10-20 years

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,330 total)

The topic ‘It's global cooling, not warming!’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM