Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Most powerful front bike lights
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

What are the best front bike lights for a half decent price?
    Or would anybody recommend getting your own machined?

bruneep

What do you class as “a half decent price”?

Troutie has some bonkers lights

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Trout Lights.

End of thread! 🙂

Ewan
    Free Member
    GaVgAs
    Free Member

GaVgAs
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC-kdye_qRQ[/video]

Trouties every time 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Trout lights.

Brighter than a bright thing and battery life of something that doesn’t use much battery*

*much improve my similies

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Trout lights look good, but not sure i could stretch £300 to the liberator.(Sorry TRoutie, i would love to, I just simply cant justify it) At the minute im actually checking out these
    http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/Magicshine-Bike-Light-Set-MJ-816-1400-Lumens/4675-v

mightymarmite
    Free Member

I still haven’t found much to compete with the Ay-ups. Invested in their adventure kit, so between the 4 supplied lights can create enough throw for any situation. Having both a helmet and bar set included makes them very versatile.

Other thing I like about them is they are less confined to the bike, brilliant for camping etc.

Others I ride with have had the Hopes, and exposure stick combos and while no doubt as bright they seem to provide a very “tight” light source which I personally just don’t get on with.

The exposure sticks are a brilliant bit of engineering though …

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Have you seen the crazy spider eyes yet…? Just a thought, if I were you I’d wait a little longer and save some cash because (I think, you’ll have to check with him) Troutie might be producing a limited number of his spider eyes (so cool) units (I’m sure I read that on one of his treads…which I believe can/will be interchangeable between bar or helmet.

The beam shots are off the planet tbh and if I were buying again (have a lumi hid that cost loads way back when) I’d be gunning for one of em…I can’t imagine a better set up, esp if trout can make the baby spider bit modular…Ooooow, now there’s an idea. Trout, I’m your product development consultant!

z1ppy

Get an XML from smudge, as recommended by Trout on this thread:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/budget-light-set-up

smudge
    Free Member

Thanks for everyone mentioning me 🙂 I have had a bit of time to update my website and they can be found here

At the moment I am selling them for £67 to get the interest gathered and feedback from buyers, Yes I know you can probably get similar lights from DX and cheaper and this is a big factor if I decide to buy another stock afterwards, but you wont be waiting for weeks for delivery and will get a UK customer support.

Smudge

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Im interested in that light Smudge, how do they differ to the DX version?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Most powerful front bike lights’ is closed to new replies.