Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • My Spokeshirts light has arrived! Wahoo!!
  • stumpy01

I ordered a Spokeshirts light late on Friday afternoon, after this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lights-magicshine-or-nearly-priced-alternatives/page/2#post-1837068

and the subsequent day-only discount.

I had an e-mail yesterday telling me it was despatched and it turned up this morning. Already charged and given a test in our darkened copier room. Looking good so far!
    The can appears to have some kind of post-process bead blasting on it so is a nice satin-y finish, although there are a couple of VERY MINOR nicks in the heatsink ribs. Nothing to worry about, I just notice them as I am often dealing with our machine shop here at work…..
    It looks like a more ‘finished’ product than the original Deal Extreme light (the one previous to their new metal version – AKA Spokeshirt copy) and the box had been opened as I believe Spokebloke tests the system prior to shipping.

The battery & bag is very compact – well impressed to see 3hrs run time from such a small device.

The base of the helmet mount is bigger than I was expecting, but seems solidly made. It comes with plenty of velcro that I reckon i will ditch and replace with zip ties but I’ll need to have a fiddle. My helmet (Met Veleno) had a centre vent with ridges on either side, so might not be practical to use the helmet mount……we’ll see.

Other items are extension lead, bar mount, instructions and a small pack of Haribo! Excellent!

Can’t wait to the weekend to try it out! If I have time I’ll get some beam shots done later in the week (perhaps Thursday), comparing to my Lumi LED conversion & a Lumi halogen (12 or 20w depending on what I dig out of the shed!)

chiefgrooveguru

Mine’s here too! Nicely made it is. Preliminary comparison suggests low mode is a bit brighter than my Fenix LD20R4, the dispersion is broader and the colour temperature noticeably more natural (less blue). High mode is very bright indeed. Had to reverse the bar mount so it doesn’t collide with my Garmin (otherwise you can fit it so it’s absolutely central). Leads are a nice tidy length (and the extension lead is there if you need longer) and everything looks fairly water resistant.

crispo
    Free Member

Fingers crossed mine will be there waiting for me when I get back from work too then!!

matthewjb
    Free Member

subsequent day-only discount.

Must pay more attention. Shame I missed that.

5lab

how much were they after the discount?

stumpy01

Down to £88.

I’d been toying with getting one (the non-metal one) for a few weeks and was pretty much ready to order from the Deal Extreme website when the metal one came to erm, light. Thought I recognised it but couldn’t think where from. Then Spokebloke piped up that it was effectively ‘his’ light.
    Looking at the Deal Extreme price, the fact you’d have to buy a separate helmet mount, extension cable (I think) and the potential delivery time made it a bit of a no-brainer to me to purchase from Spokebloke. Should be easier to deal with IF there are any issues.

chiefgrooveguru

£88

Ewan
    Free Member

I’d been toying with getting one (the non-metal one) for a few weeks and was pretty much ready to order from the Deal Extreme website

You know the other light on DX is metal don’t you? It’s just painted black…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

This Spoke looks a better bet IMO.

LOL at all the light ads in every single MTB mag now!

Should have my Luminous 601 early next week – similar levels of excietment!

neninja
    Free Member

The DX one is exactly the same one as the Spokeshirt one.

Someone asked on DX for a rear view and it’s got the same brand name on the back – ‘onethelite’ Owlet.

I was going to buy one from Spokeshirt but missed the sale (I got distracted and forgot to order and it had finished).

I’ll be buying one from DX as it’s over £30 cheaper and I’m not bothered about a helmet mount and could still buy one later.

stumpy01

Ewan – Member

I’d been toying with getting one (the non-metal one) for a few weeks and was pretty much ready to order from the Deal Extreme website

You know the other light on DX is metal don’t you? It’s just painted black…

Erm – forgot the word ‘bare’, as in bare metal one….. oops!

MrFannay
    Free Member

I got mine as well this morning, dispatched within 24 hours but I payed £95. Still seems a bargain with all the extras and a no quibble guarantee. Not home for another week so will have to wait to play with it 🙂

stumpy01

MrFannay, some beam shots here – broader than I was expecting…..

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/spokeshirt-light-beam-shots-pics-of-helmet-mount

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My Spokeshirts light has arrived! Wahoo!!’ is closed to new replies.