Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New bike [Transition Bandit content]
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Stuck inside as the cassette hasn’t arrived yet, but very pleased with the quality and finish of the frame.

Many thanks to Geoff at Richmond Bike Lab, Richie at Silverfish and Kevin, Kyle and Chris at Transition.

Literally can’t wait to get the build finished and hit the trails!

RealMan
    Free Member

Valves and logos lined up, pictures all straight, but cables don’t look that neat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is that sofa all about? Are you Iggy Pop in disguise?

wrecker
    Free Member

No mention of that sofa RM? really?

RealMan
    Free Member

..I like purple..

😳

peachos
    Free Member

are you sponsored or something? why all the thanks??

ashfanman
    Free Member

Valves and logos lined up, pictures all straight, but cables don’t look that neat.

Also need to sort out the spacers, but going to wait until the cassette arrives before finishing everything else off.

WTF is that sofa all about? Are you Iggy Pop in disguise?

No mention of that sofa RM? really?

Maybe he didn’t notice it… 😀

Yeah, I know. Hand built by some chap in Yorkshire for less than the cost of a DFS job. Takes some getting used to, I admit, but I like it.

crocodilian
    Free Member

My God, that sofa’s amazing! Sod the bike, can we have some more shots of the sofa???

balfa
    Free Member

Nice, what size is that? I quite like the look of the Bandit. The price puts me off though. Transitions used to be fairly cheap!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Nice, what size is that? I quite like the look of the Bandit. The price puts me off though. Transitions used to be fairly cheap!

It’s an XL.

And yes, but then again most bikes and components have got a lot more expensive in the past few years. They’re still competitively priced compared to most other boutique manufacturers (which, admittedly, is not what you’d call cheap) and as I said that build quality is fantastic.

wors

have you ridden it yet?

z1ppy

Not letting the g/f anywhere near this thread, she’ll want that sofa off you!

*You have to love STW forum, just for the fact everyone loves/hates you sofa but no-one ‘that’ interested in your bike 😉 *

plushhill
    Free Member

Just had ours yesterday, will get it built by the weekend, green is a much better colour

Transition BikesBandit, just arrived, will be built before the week is out

Posted by Plush Hill Cycles on Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ashfanman
    Free Member

green is a much brighter colour

FTFY. 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Well I like the sofa and the bike!

Bregante

Mmmm loving that green

kudos100
    Free Member

laurencellewelynbowenworld. Bike looks nice and stealthy.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Bike looks nice and stealthy.

To be fair, a VitP MojoHD would look stealthy infront of that sofa.

That is what I was going for, though. I have a Henry Ford Model T approach to bikes and components.

plushhill
    Free Member
    Rickos
    Free Member

So, have either of you ridden it yet? How is it?

Rickos
    Free Member

😳

Cheers there, bear.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It’s looks fantastic, it looks like it’s comfy – got sorted geometry, a real attention grabber.

The bikes nice too.

singlespeedstu

I’m still waiting to see what that nobhead Transition importer has to say about the Transition Bandit 29er.

That should be an interesting post…

carlphillips
    Free Member

get a spirit level on those last two pictures on the right hand side, they are making my level ocd all itchy….
    loving the sofa!!!
    bike looks ‘funny’ not my cuppa tea.

sofaking
    Free Member

I’m still waiting to see what that nobhead Transition importer has to say about the Transition Bandit 29er.

That should be an interesting post..

you been taking elocution and diplomacy lessons stu ? 😆

singlespeedstu

Say it like it is sofa.
    No point beating about the bush. 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

oh i dont know beating around the bush sounds kinda fun 😛

lock
    Free Member

just ordered my bandit

plushhill
    Free Member

Curiosity finally got the better of me, demo Bandit now built and ready to roll. Done a couple of Long Mynd and a degla ride on it and it’s a whole load of fun. New RP23 propedal/firm setting seems to work better than before so it climbs really well, not slowing me down on the downs but am yet to throw it into any big terrain. Built it with the standard build kit but changed the bars for some 745’s plus big grips and highroller/crossmark comb, needs bigger brake rotors but I think this one will be in the fleet for a while.

http://plushhillcycles.co.uk/demo-bikes.html

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New bike [Transition Bandit content]’ is closed to new replies.