Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • New Canyon Nerve MR just arrived…..
  • mcboo
    Free Member

I wanted an out and out race bike, pal of mine has a terrific Canyon road bike so I figured why not. DT X1700 wheels, SID World Cup 100mm forks with carbon crown, Formula R1 brakes, XTR crankset, shifters and mechs, top end seatpost, bar and saddle.

Price wise I dont think anything comes close, £2400 all in, you’d pay that just for the wheels, fork, brakes and cranks on CRC never mind the frame. Have been getting great reviews, big brother Nerve XC 120mm version just won Trail Bike of the Year in WMTB.

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2071

Havent ridden it yet, off for a spin on the road now and will ride it on the trails tomorrow.

psychle
    Free Member

very nice! Those Canyons are silly good value aren’t they? seriously well specced for the money 8)

ashfanman
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. My mate has got a 160mm FS Canyon from a few years ago and absolutely loves it. As you say, all that for £2,400 is ridiculously good value (working under the general assumption that all bikes are now way too expensive, of course 😀 )

Let us know how you get on!

streetvw
    Free Member

I’ve just had (wednesday this week) a Canyon Nerve XC7 only been for a quick spin rounfd the estate but it felt awesome smooth and light feeling, gonna take it for a easy ride along the old train lines tomorrow just to get my ride position sorted and then hopefully Macc forest next weekend 😀

forge197
    Free Member

They look good, can you pop back and let us know how they ride, it’s an option for Mrs Forge

mcboo
    Free Member

Just had a spin around the local park, be a few weeks until I can give a proper run-down but first impressions 😆 8) 😀

It’s rock solid and super light, weighs in just under 24lb with pedals on.

New XTR 10 speed drive train and shifters are just ridiculous, like a Swiss clock……OK it’s clean and new, we’ll see how they stand up.

I actually think the XC is the sensible option for most people, 120mm x 120mm the go-anywhere set-up.

forge197
    Free Member

It’s looks very similar to my Ghost AMR the xc that is, and was looking for something for Mrs Forge and the 5.0 would be ideal.

I find the 120mm on the Ghost a decent sweet spot of travel.

I run prev gen xtr gear sweet now as they were new, I have the new XTR 985 trail brakes which are stunning

That’s nice and light at 24ish lbs

Hornet600
    Free Member

That is the nicest looking ‘factory’ bike I have seen for a while. Very good vale indeed considering the spec.
    Will have to remember that for the future!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Would be interested to hear how you get on with it as they do seem amazing VFM and I feel the need to add a new bike to the fleet later this year maybe! Unsure if I’d go for an XC racer to fit between my Whyte 19 and Maverick ML8, but the Mav climbs so well and only weighs 27lbs that I’m not sure I’d use it much.

warton
    Free Member

very nice. I’m waiting for my Canyon Aeroad to turn up. so excited, and again, for the money its unbeatable, 2775 I paid. The wheels alone are 850 quid on CRC etc.

Leon
    Free Member

Any update mcboo?

I’m thinking along similar lines, although I’d be a size large, and I’m a bit worried at how horizontal the TT looks on the Nerve XC.

Out of interest, did you consider the Lux MR? I can’t seem to find any reviews of that.

I also wonder if actually the Nerve XC would be ok for the odd race. I guess with pro-pedal, it must feel pretty tight under hard pedalling, and they are not exactly heavy.

RealMan
    Free Member

£2400 all in

😯

Couldn’t you take it apart and sell it on ebay for more then that?

mcboo
    Free Member

Leon…..I got the Lux in the end, tell me when I’m boring everyone to death about my new bike. New thread……

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-canyonanother-one

AlexSimon

The only thing that puts me off is the standard 4-bar Horst design. I haven’t got on with them in the past.
    Those women’s hardtails look fantastic vfm though.

neil853
    Free Member

that is phenominal value, whats the weight?

mcboo
    Free Member

The Nerve MR (L) was 24.5lbs, my carbon Lux MR (XL) is about 23.5lbs.

For UK all round riding and light enough to race, this is the bike.

http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2076

£2200 or another £400 if you want full XTR and lighter wheels. Would get the black and white though…..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘New Canyon Nerve MR just arrived…..’ is closed to new replies.