Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Round 8 Central CXL at Sonning Park.
    Got man flu though.

oldgit
    Free Member

is it too coldy woldy for every body 😉

pixelmix
    Free Member

Alright, I’ll bite then. ScottishCX at Kings Park in Glasgow tomorrow on the singlespeed (hangover permitting). There was a bit of a “will it be on / won’t it be on” saga over this yesterday one since Glasgow Council seem to have been wanting a big bond to ensure the grass is repaired. Seems to be on at the moment though.

Then offroad duathlon at Glentress on Sunday (snow permitting). Just need to fettle with the full-sus and put some sensible tyres on for that, and I’ll be all set.

Sure a good CX race will make you forget all about the man-flu (until about an hour afterwards).

trickydisco
    Free Member

Having a go at a cross race this sunday around ashton court (with the mountain bike) Thurman Merman has persuaded me to have a go

leggyblonde
    Free Member

London league at PORC on Sunday. I hope it stays cold with a little dusting of snow, I got my best result last season in fast but slippery conditions 😀

oldgit you should race with manflu, I’ve done it the last couple of races, got some crap results but better than sitting at home moping!

Surfr
    Free Member

Pembrey, South Wales league for me. Should prove to be a right dirt crit given the freezing temps, that is unless the snow stops travel.

xc-steve
    Free Member

R1 of the Soggy Bottoms for me! should be a good one!

dobo
    Free Member

i was well up for CXL 8 but thought it was Basingstoke for some reason… Other side of reading is a little further than i’d like, dunno if i can be bothered to travel there and come last 🙂 will there be any slow people in the seniors race? or all whippets

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah there was an error on the site, then it moved.
    The league is still fledgling, but starting to get pretty serious. Last year I was finishing mid twenties, now I’m near the back.
    The fields are growing and I’ve noticed riders from the N&D and London Leagues, as well as the odd pro.
    Plus I’m ill, so there’s a challenge for ya.

IainGillam
    Free Member

Merida Brass monkeys R1, I’m going for the 2hr option 4 is a little long for me.

Iain

simondbarnes

Have had time off work ill this week, still nowhere near right. Am hoping a day of doing nothing tomorrow will get me well enough for NW League race at Leverhulme Park, Bolton on Sunday.

colnagokid

Round 5 of the TLI NECCL, at Meadowfield (Durham). Manflu here too so I’ll just pootle round at the back, and give the new bike a run out

njee20
    Free Member

Yep Brass Monkeys here too if I find an MTB to race on! May be a Genius at the moment, slight overkill…

oldgit
    Free Member

So who’s racing in snow then?
    We had a smattering, but I just expect the ground will be frozen rock hard. Snow would be a hoot.

simondbarnes

Just rock solid here. No sign of the white stuff 🙁

mdb
    Free Member

Brass Monkeys here too. I’ve hedged my bets and swapped to summer tyres hoping it stays dry and hard.

Jase
    Free Member

Come on Carl this is the 2nd time I’m having to tell you its on Saturday and not Sunday!!!

Race List on TeamMK Site

Surfr
    Free Member

I’m told it’s a fast big-ring kinda course with a 3 foot drop into some sand at some point. No idea if there’s snow but it’s sure to be rock hard. 70psi I think!

scratch
    Free Member

Pembrey in the morning! 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah FFS it was today….first it was to be held in Basingstoke, then Newbury, then Sonning Common and Saturday not Sunday.

pixelmix
    Free Member

So who’s racing in snow then?

SCX at King’s Park in Glasgow was a little snowy today. Nothing too deep though, just a nice dusting. Glentress duathlon tomorrow looks like a much snowier affair!

Surfr
    Free Member

Not raced Pembrey before. What can I expect? I’ve heard it’s fast but includes a 3 foot drop into sand. Is there anything technical?

simondbarnes

Wow, never ridden such a frozen, rock solid course. Got really icy on some of the corners halfway through the race as well. Good fun 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Nice to be greeted by scratch at the finish at Pembrey today. Great race and fast and hard like everywhere else by the sounds of things.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/58202393

dub
    Free Member

Got some pictures from Ashton Court and set up this page

oldgit
    Free Member

Getting confused seems the norm for us grand vets, the LVRC race was Saturday 28th?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.