Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Weekly photo challenge. 18.7.11 – 24.7.11 – Tarmac
  • With all the interest in the Tour De France and the recent threads about road bikes, it’s tarmac this week.
    To make it a bit more of a challenge, let’s make it a picture of a mountain bike on a tarmac road or path that is not a public road.

The rules;
    1. Take a photo of your bike with something that matches the theme in the picture.
    2. Interpret the theme any way you like.
    3. Pictures should be taken between the dates in the topic title.
    4. If you post a picture you can either suggest a theme for next weeks challenge or vote for someone else’s suggestion. First suggestion to get two supporting votes becomes next weeks theme, probably.

redthunder
    Free Member

No pic yet.

But theme suggestion. Just read an article in BS9 [westbury community mag] about Post Boxes. I did’nt know so many types existed.

So what about Post Boxes, anywhere, weird locations and as a bonus the ultra rare Edward VIII.

Perhaps STW could get the complete 200 🙂 forget Munros etc 😉

Sad hey !

_tom_
    Free Member

Just posting here so I can find this thread when I get round to taking a pic 🙂

That’s why I post a link in the previous week’s thread, so the regulars can find the new one. 😉
    Post boxes sounds good. I liked the idea of memorial benches, as suggested last week, as well.
    How about another double challenge and do them both next week ?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Tarmac 2 by Johnclimber

Tarmac 1 by Johnclimber

I know it’s not tarmac but I thought I’d share it here as passed this canal boat/U Boat with captain birds eye in command

July 20th – U – 8047 by Johnclimber, on Flickr

GRAEMEJONES

No photo’s until the weekend, but the double challenge sounds a good idea, 😀

singlespeedstu

Crappy phone pic from last nights bimble.

Not a road but it is tarmac.

110720_210650 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

shadow panda by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

robnorthcott
    Free Member

Feel like I should apologise for voting for the topic then failing to come up with a pic…

I cross the old Harrowbeer Airfield every day on the way to work and there’s quite a few interesting bits of tarmac left. But I seem to be falling apart this week – buggered knee and then some sort of lurgy, so only managed to limp the road bike to work a couple of times then resorted to the car, so no off-roading I’m afraid.

Oh well :/

GRAEMEJONES

Trees eye view of Tarmac.

Tarmac that’s not a road.

Some private Tarmac.

Right, now I’ve posted some photo’s, I’ll vote for the double subject for next week, Post Boxes and Memorial Benches. 🙂

tinribz
    Free Member

Not a mtb in sight but plenty of tarmac.

eclecticnz
    Free Member

XTC2 Archelogist by Bazzaphotos, on Flickr
    Found this tarmac relocated, so does it become fly tipping? Cheers from the southern winter.

eclecticnz
    Free Member

XTC2 on tarmac by Bazzaphotos, on Flickr

Carpark tarmac next to on ramp for Balclutha Bridge at dusk. Cheers.

OCB
    Free Member

Remains of a former road, now in use as a footpath / bridleway / cycle route / dog toilet. (Proof of concept ride for my Ortlieb day bag too, which worked a treat).

(An’ yes I have a beard, yes it’s single-speed, but no, it’s a 26″ (with 29er forks)).

marsdenman
    Free Member

oops, missed the thread thus far……as Tarmac was my suggestion methinks i’d best get my butt in gear and go take some photies….
    <goes off to don cycling clothing and mount his trusty steed>

marsdenman
    Free Member

back, bike cleaned, though I’m a stinky mess sat at the kitchen table to post this….

never noticed before – part of the canal towpath is tarmac….
    [/url]
    IMG_0594 by chris1968, on Flickr[/img]

ok, at odds with ‘the rules’ as this is a back track country lane = road but, heck, its my favourite…
    [/url]
    IMG_0596 by chris1968, on Flickr[/img]

next weeks – i’m also liking either postboxes or memorial benches

z1ppy

Any decision on next week choice of theme?

next weeks – i’m also liking either postboxes or memorial benches “

Personnnally I think this could be two good threads (there about 20 or more memorial benches on the Edge), and the postboxes could make for a good length ride to bag a few.

Loving the U-Boat canal boat picture above :mrgreen:

JohnClimber
    Free Member

What’s this weeks challenge please?

sharki
    Free Member

As Grahams probably half asleep i’ll start the suggestions with….

Standing next to a tree, a really big tree.
    Tree must be wider than the length of the bike..

JohnClimber
    Free Member

****, no chance of that around here unless I head out on my unicycle

sunkenvilla
    Free Member

I like GraemeJones photo of the four bikes, probably coz one of them is mine. What’s amazing about that shot is how dry it was as only five minutes earlier and less than half a mile away we had been sheltering (unsucessfully) from torrential rain. Good day though!

sunkenvilla
    Free Member

A short video of GraemeJones, Bill, Noel and me (behind the camera) sheltering on his tarmac shoot.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDpKnoXv64s[/video]

smoke
    Free Member

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Weekly photo challenge. 18.7.11 – 24.7.11 – Tarmac’ is closed to new replies.