Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What is this freehub body?
  • Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m after a bit of tech help please.
    I’m in the process of servicing a colleague’s Trek 7.2FX and I’m wondering which freehub body to order. It has a Shimano Parallax hub and as I couldn’t find any specific info on it I just ordered an LX as I thought ‘ck it, that’ll do. However the one that came off looks like this:

Could anyone be so kind as to let me know what I should order as I can’t seem so see anything similar on Chainreaction.

Cheers

Paul

foxyrider
    Free Member

FH-RM30 Rear Freehub – is it the altus range that is listed on the newer Trek 7.2FX range? If so have a look at this PDF and see if it fits your hubs specs or go here for the shimano Altus list? I presume its 8 speed – whats teh code on thub? I had a look on CRC but would be suprised if you can get a new free hub online for the cheaper hubs? maybe have to order though madison etc?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks for that.
    I did a wee bit more cleaning and unearthed the code FH-RM60 and see there is an accompanaying freehub so will try and track one down. If need be I’ll have to try my relatively LBS but don’t hold out much hope with him.

Thanks once again for the help.

Paul.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Looks like its a Acera groupset – I might have awhole wheel with an acera hub on it – I’ll have a look at home if you like and have a look at the hub code – I’m probably wrong but the hub should be in fairly good nick?

Mister-P
    Free Member

An RM60 hub uses part number 3CF 9804 so ask your LBS to order one from Madison with that number. It is a post free spare so they can order it in without having to do a larger order.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry my old wheel is a Shimano RM-40, 32 hole, sealed cassette w/ steel QR – lookd – not the same so sorry won’t fit – put a classifieds up and see if anyone has an old wheel with a freehub in good nick for an RM60? Maybe cheaper if your on a budget if not same as Mr P said 😉

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Thanks for your help everyone. Very much appreciated.
    No real budget issues as I’m not paying for it 😀 I’ve seen a RM30 on line for around £17 posted so no real hardship there. I’ll see if LBS man can help.

Edit,

Well he has an RM30 in stock so gives me a reason to get out on my bike this afternoon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What is this freehub body?’ is closed to new replies.