Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • G-Shock watches.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Toying with the idea of getting one.
    Should I?
    Which one?
    Why?
    Feel free to show me yours too. 😀

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have had there I named to break the strap on two so now have brown
    354RL which I think is called a street biker. The only feature I wished it had was the auto light on. You rotate your wrist 45° and the light comes on. Great for night rides 🙂

nuke

Love mine. Pretty popular still going by this thread…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/g-shock-watches-2

Davesport

Blow a wad & buy the Lego limited edition (if you can get one) 😀

Markie
    Free Member

Great watches… find one you like the look of and then go for it.

grtdkad

Can’t go wrong IMO. I have bought three now – two for me and one for my brother. More or less indestructible.

crispybacon
    Free Member

yep get one, mine is still going strong after 5 years of use & abuse.

donsimon
    Free Member

Great watches… find one you like the look of and then go for it.

I have an idea of the one (or style) I want and just looking for first hand experiences or alternative ideas.
    Cheers for the feedback.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

you can have mine for £20.

battery went and I’ve not bothered to get a new one put in

Guarantee it to be fully working too. A bit chunky for me so only ever worn when riding.

chomp
    Free Member

had one for 10 years I bought on a whim when I went out for the weekend and left my normal watch at home.

It’s been going strong now and been worn almost every day and still on the original battery. The little loop thing that holds the strap in is just starting to split a bit now (plastic strapped version).

Can’t fault it really considering it only cost about £40. Like has been said above, if you like the styling (which not everyone does) they’re spot on

roper
    Free Member

just for a bit of balance I had one which made it just pas 12 months. Most functions had stopped working and when the ti strap broke I didn’t get it repaired.
    I replaced it with an MWC self tritium illuminating military type watch and that has been very good. Keeps very good time and has lasted longer than my G-shock.

Del

get one that is solar powered and syncs off the time signal and you’ll never have to mess with it at all. waveceptor/tough solar.
    makes me a chuckle a bit that my watch cost less than my mate’s breitling (sp?) costs to service. his watch has sat in a drawer for 2 years…

jon1973
    Free Member

had mine for a couple of years now, and it’s never given me any problems. Was quite cheap as well (relatively, about £50).

donsimon
    Free Member

you can have mine for £20.

Postage to Spain will rack up the cost. 😥
    That’s the kind of thing Jon1973.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

How accurate is the automatic time zone function on the g-shocks? Or, is it possible to override it? I am interested in one of them for work and riding etc so my omega doesn’t get wrecked, but I live ten miles from a timeline and cross it every day… I generally just stick to “home” time to keep me straight…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My latest G-Shock

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I nicked a few of the original G-Shock watches. I wish I’d kept a few now, complete in their cases, instead of selling them to buy drugs and trainers. 🙁

R.lepecha

ive got this one

had it about 8 months now. never dropped bellow high battery according to screen. Ive landed on it a few times, bashed it on walls etc and its fine.

Its solar by the way and its autotime, yes you can change the time manually.

Everywhen
    Free Member

+1 for tough solar/waveceptor.
    Had one 5 years. No trouble at all.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Love my one, love the fact its always got spot on time.

goog
    Free Member

I got this one off the stw classifieds at christmas 8)

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat, and thinking of a GW-6900BC-1ER:

http://www.g-shock.co.uk/products/classic/GW-6900BC-1ER/

Suggsey
    Free Member

My one is very similar to the picture above and has been going strong for the past 15 years on second battery now (after 12 years from fist one, as I did not use the back light much) only thing is it now fogs up when riding on very cold nights.
    For normal everyday wear I use a Nite MX10 that I picked up for £80, tritium markers are really handy at night too. It supposed to be hardy, which the glass appears to be but havent tried shaking it to death on the bike yet-I may do once the G shock dies-if that ever happens.

Simon

Mine G-Shock is like jon1973’s and goog’s, except mine has a rubber strap.

Been good for the last two years of pretty much constant wear but on last Tuesday’s night ride I crashed into a tree and one of the strap pins broke, so maybe not as indestructible as people are claiming :|. Still a great watch.

carlphillips
    Free Member

do they do non chunky versions..? can’t stand chunky watches me

NikNak7890
    Free Member

Suggsey, why did you go and have to mention Nite watches.

I’m now lusting after the MX10!

peachos
    Free Member

15 year old watch here. still going strong.

auto illuminator – you need this function!

donsimon
    Free Member

At he moment I need solar, radio controlled and auto illuminator.
    Anything else that is of vital importance?
    So far I like this one., this one, and this one. 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

I love G Shock watches.

I have had this one for 6 years and its still going strong!!!

Casio G-611

trailmonkey

I nicked a few of the original G-Shock watches. I wish I’d kept a few now, complete in their cases, instead of selling them to buy drugs and trainers

I’ll remind you of that next time you’re on your high horse about social responsibility and the selfishness of others. 😕

duntmatter
    Free Member

8)

xcstu
    Free Member

Brilliant watches and the only ones I haven’t broken yet on the bike!

Had mudman but sold so now down to 2 Casio G-2900V-8VER 🙂

Cougar

Do they do any models that aren’t the size of a small child strapped to your arm?

I quite like the G-shocks, but I’ve got girlie wrists and a lot of “men’s” watches just look ridiculous on me. I’m guessing “ruggedised” and “small / thin” are mutually exclusive?

donsimon
    Free Member

Baby G?

Cougar

Aren’t they the ones that are available in a range of pastille colours?

It’s difficult, I don’t want a “girlie” watch, just don’t want to look like I’ve strapped a clock to my arm.

donsimon
    Free Member

Not all of them, I too have slender wrists which mask the rugged tiger that I really am, I wouldn’t be worried about a Baby-G. If anything it’s just a bit different and plenty of the G-shocks come in silly look-at-me colours. Not sure if this is current or an old model, nowt girly about this one.

NikNak7890
    Free Member

but it still says Baby-G, it may as well say “not man enough for a real watch!” 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

but it still says Baby-G, it may as well say “not man enough for a real watch!”

And it’d be going on a girly wrist, so no problem. 😆

Currently got one of these, which isn’t too big but isn’t G shock.

MussEd
    Free Member

Any good online shops for these?

stevenieve
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘G-Shock watches.’ is closed to new replies.